Cannabis has long been used to fight pain by ancient people in different parts of the globe, mostly Asia. In China, evidence shows that cannabis improves joint discomfort. In India, people find cannabis valuable for their overall health.THC is the psychoactive compound that gives that “high” effect to users, but it is CBD or cannabinoids that are known for their soothing properties. Find out how CBD helps relieve physical pain.
How it relieves discomfort
According to scientists, the human body has what they call the endocannabinoid system which interacts with the major systems of the body. Cannabinoids respond to receptors in the biological system that fight discomfort. Both THC and CBD have positive effects on the body, but CBD works by interacting with brain receptors. CBD is known to soothe joint discomfort.
What are your health goals?
Every person reacts differently to cannabinoids, so it is difficult to state the exact amount to take. To know how much to take, you should consider a few factors. One of these is your health goals. What type of pain do you want to reduce? Another is the severity of the pain. A low level of pain might be relieved by a 5 to 10 milligram dose, medium pain with 10 to 20 mg, and high pain with 20 to 40 milligrams. It is best to start with a low dose and eventually increase if necessary. Observe if a dose is effective and stick to it if it is.
Forms of CBD
- Oil extract.The best CBD oils are full spectrum products that contain all beneficial compounds found in the plant aside from cannabinoids. They have essential oils and terpenes. Commonly, they are sold in small bottles with a dropper. Commonly, a few drops of the oil are taken under the tongue and left there for a few seconds, before swallowing.
- Tincture. CBDs can also be in the form of tinctures extracted with solvents such as alcohol. Like the oil, it is usually dropped under the tongue.
- Capsule. As capsules, CBD can be taken with water like your usual supplement. These are available in various doses and taken once to three times a day. Make it a habit to read labels for proper dosage or ask your doctor about it.
- Powder. This form can be added to drinks for easy intake.
- Topical solution. CBD in this form is applied directly to the part of the body that needs soothing.
The introduction of natural pain killers is good news to those suffering from chronic pain since they do not have to bear the side effects and adverse effects of large doses of painkillers. CBD is not free from side effects, but they are generally mild. If you are among those seeking natural ways to relieve your pain, it helps to try quality CBD products UK retailers supply and see how they work for you. It also pays to keep learning about the product to explore your options and see how you can take it to your best advantage.
To read more on topics like this, check out the home & life category.