West Coast Better Homes is a roofing, windows, and patio covers company that covers the West Coast of California. This includes Burbank, Santa Monica, Los Angeles, and Malibu. They have an extensive portfolio of properties they have worked on and have even included a number of videos of work they have done in the past. Companies like these offer highly valuable services to homeowners across the state. It is now quite common for people in California to be interested in metal roofs, but it is important to understand that these roofs have pros and cons.
The Pros of Metal Roofs According to West Coast Better Homes
There seem to be quite clear reasons as to why metal is becoming so popular as a roof covering, including:
- That it is incredibly strong and durable, far more so than traditional roofing materials.
- That it is very safe. It can cope with weather extremes, including hail, rain, strong winds, and snow.
- That it has high levels of fire protection. This is particularly important in California, which has been plagued with ever-increasingly severe wildfires each and every year.
- That they can be made in virtually and shape, size, and color. This means that people finally have the opportunity to make their home look exactly the way they want it to look.
The Cons of Metal Roofs According to West Coast Better Homes
Every advantages tends to have a disadvantage and the same is true for metal roofs. The clear disadvantages include:
- That it is quite expensive. When compared to other roofing solutions, you can expect to pay a whole lot more. Of course, when you consider that it is a lot more durable as well and that you will probably never have to replace it, some of this increase in cost is offset. A traditional roof, and particularly in California, requires replacement every 10 to 15 years, whereas a metal roof can last as long as 60 years.
- That the fact that people can choose their own style means that everybody else has to live with that style as well. You may love your red and green striped roof, and your next door neighbour may love their all purple roof, but everybody else perhaps does not. Not just that, it breaks up the unity that is often seen in the construction of neighborhoods.
So should you have a metal roof or not? The reality is that only you can decide that. Making an informed shoppers’ decision means considering all the pros and cons and weighing up which one was the most important for you. There are no right and wrong answers and you have the right to choose whatever you feel is most suitable for your needs period hopefully however, the above has given you some insight into the things you should be considering. Do awesome make sure that you only work with a reputable company when it comes to actually replacing your roof, whether you go for metal or a different material.