A landing page is a page that is prepared with the idea of fulfilling a certain objective. Most commonly, this resource is used to access new audiences that do not know about a certain brand and thus begin to forge a relationship. Nowadays, it is not necessary to be a specialist in this task to carry it out.
Digital marketing includes the use of hundreds of actions aimed at improving a brand’s presence in digital media. In order to be successful, it is very important to make a marketing plan that sets out the objectives to be achieved and reflects the actions that will be taken to achieve them.
One of the most frequently used options, due to the numerous advantages it offers, is to create a landing page. A landing page works as a web page that a brand can use to promote a certain resource, making the process easier and more dynamic. In order to carry it out successfully, it is necessary to pay attention to the recommendations we share today.
Landing pages are set up to receive cold traffic (people who do not know the brand) and must be designed with this single purpose in order to be appropriate. Most commonly, a landing page will offer a specific free gift as an incentive for people to enter and enjoy in exchange for entering their details into the database of the brand that is promoting the page.
Some people do not fully understand the importance of this point and focus on offering different options within the same page, confusing the visitor and reducing their chances of obtaining favourable results.
Using the right tool
The second key aspect in all of this is to use a tool that is appropriate for creating a landing page. Brands that have a website with their own domain may not need this recommendation because they will be able to run their landing page within their own hosting service. However, for new businesses this is a determining factor.
The best tool that currently exists in this regard is Mailrelay. Its powerful mechanism for creating landing pages, coupled with the fact that it has a great integration with your email marketing software, allows you to have all the data stored in order to start sending newsletters as soon as possible without even having a website.
More than 80% of the landing pages that are created have a single objective: to collect data from people that they will convert into potential customers. This data is obtained thanks to an exchange of resources that brands offer through what is known as a lead magnet.
A lead magnet is a resource of value and interest to users that is offered free of charge. This can be a template, a course, an e-book, a discount coupon, a free trial to test a software, among many others. To define a lead magnet, what you have to take into account is that it should be something really appealing to people who arrive at the landing page and thus encourage them to leave their data.
When all of the above is well-defined, it is time to start working on what will be the content of the landing page. These pages have a defined structure that can be customised according to what each brand wants. However, the following key points must be considered:
- The header: this will be the first part that a person will see when entering without the need to scroll. The header is usually made up of three elements: a title that refers to the main idea of the landing page, a subtitle that usually expands on that idea and presents the value proposition and a button that shows the call to action.
- Supporting text: after the header will come the moment to tell the person who arrives at the website the reasons why it is a great plan to perform the action that the page is asking them for. Here you can support the information with advantages, benefits and any other element that helps to fulfil the objective, such as the use of testimonials. It is important that this part of the content has a friendly design that makes the landing page visually appealing.
- Form: this is the main part of the whole landing page, and it must work efficiently in order to collect the data of the arriving users. A form is best when it requires little data. The most common are name and email address. However, there are landing pages that are created with a very specific objective and that request a greater number of data to better segment the people who enter.
- Images: the visual part of a landing page is very important to reinforce the content given in text, hence it is key to select images of very good quality and that are linked to the main objective to achieve a better focus.
- Design: to create a landing page that looks tidy and is easy to navigate, you need to put a lot of focus on design. Although it is not necessary to be a professional designer to achieve this goal, it is necessary to focus on certain aesthetic aspects that may help with the task at hand. This includes aspects such as: the background colour of the page, the colour of the main container, the colour of the buttons, the width of the column that will show the content, the use of lists to facilitate scanning, among others.
The creation of a landing page is an activity that can generate many benefits to increase the list of contacts and thus make progress in building a digital business. The best thing is that with free options like Mailrelay, you don’t need to invest more than time to get all the elements to work properly. It is an activity that can even be fun and new knowledge if you have never done it before.