Going on holiday is one of the most awaited times of the year. You use this opportunity to visit new places, discover new things and people. In other words, you have fun! During this time, capturing photos and videos of your experience is a great way of keeping the memories of your travels intact. However, if you don’t do it properly, you will end up with a boring mess of video cluttering up your hard drive. So, what’s the best way to create a great holiday video? You should take a look at the video editing website online.
Tips to create the best holiday movie!
Even though a video editing company will do all the post-production job, you still have a major role to play in your holiday movie! Yes, you have to deliver all the footage! Believe it or not, this is a major responsibility if you want a great video. That is why we offer you some tips on how to film great videos and shoot beautiful pics:
1. Create a story: A good story makes all the difference. When creating a holiday video, a great story is a cornerstone. That is why you need to take the time to plan ahead and write down the overall order of the video. This is important for the editing process. By having a strong story ahead of time, you are halfway done.
2. Shoot non-stop: Never stop shooting! That is an order! You need to shoot your entire process from the packing until you come back home. This will help you to tell your story than just showing a series of clips of your holiday trip destination.
3. Focus on your family and friends: Your family and friends are the most important part of your video. People tend to prioritize the scenery but that is a mistake! Even though the scenery is beautiful, what makes it unforgettable is that you are there! So capture yourself and your loved ones standing in front of the landmarks, eating, talking, running! Get it all. Trust us, in a couple of years, they will love to have footage of those moments!
4. Properly save your pictures and videos: Never stop backing up your footage in case an accident happens and you lose it. Travelers tend to overlook this basic rule and they may end up losing days of media files. Trust us, nothing is worse than losing hours of experience.
5. Don’t forget the scenery: Even though people are the most important element, you need to get at least some of the scenery as well! Take a few shots of where you’re staying and don’t forget to film the people around you. Also, get in touch with the locals and ask if they can give you a wave into the camera. This scenery footage helps you to tell the story of your trip.
6. Sound Recording: If you want to talk while shooting, you need to keep it as a voiceover. Otherwise, try to say nothing if possible, or as little as you can, and let the people in your frame do the talking. Also, if you want the famous ‘movie effect’ in your video, set the camera down and just record the sounds of the place for a while. This is a great technique! And it is awesome to get a background sound. It is what is called an ‘atmos’ track (short for ‘atmosphere’). This is amazing to give your holiday video a really professional look. Likewise, it also gives you a backup if you are filming a great piece of footage. It is important to respect this aspect because the sound is an essential part of your video. Video with no sound is generally lacking that vibrant energy, even if it has a music track. Get footage with sound. Then in the editing process, you can decide what to keep and what to cut. But the Atmos track is a great technique that you might include in your editing.
7. Film every shot for at least 5 seconds: If you like planning your shoots, don’t forget to shot for at least 5 seconds. This will make it much easier to edit because if you keep it short, that doesn’t really give you much room if you need to continue cutting the shot down. It doesn’t hurt you to continue rolling for much longer. The longer the better. If your film too short, that clip might be useless, and that is a complete waste of time.
8. Don’t overdo effects: A great rule to follow when it comes to holiday video editing is “less is more”. Make sure that during your own filming and editing, you don’t use too many effects, titles or transitions because that can mess up your video. Indeed, going overboard with any of those rarely ends well.
9. Pick a good soundtrack: Complement your video with music. A good song will always help your holiday video stand out. Take all the necessary time to pick the right one for your footage.
Follow these tips when shooting your holiday footage. Once you have all your material, go to a video editing company to create the final video. After it is done, you can relive your holidays any time you want.