Lucknow, the capital city of Uttar Pradesh, is a beautiful tourist destination in North India that covers a lot of tourist attractions. The city is well-known for its rich culture, colonial buildings, and other things allowing tourists to ensure a memorable trip. Those who travel to the city for the first time should know more about the interesting places from various sources for witnessing more pleasure. Moreover, travellers can explore them with family and others that ultimately give ways to get excitement and pleasure.
However, it is necessary to know the details of the best hotels in Lucknow before planning a trip to the city. They even offer modern amenities for travellers allowing them to experience high level comforts. Another thing is that they show ways to enjoy a trip with others in a pleasant environment. Tourists should check the availability of rooms in hotels while scheduling a trip to the city.
Interesting places to visit in Lucknow
SikandarBagh is one of the beautiful gardens located in Lucknow. Built by SikandarBagh in 1800, it covers a variety of plants including herbal ones. The garden now homes National Botanical Research of India allowing tourists to know more about the plant species. In addition, the institute organizes flower shows during the winter season. A cultural space is also available in the garden for performing cultural events.
ShahiBaoli is the most impressive structure which is well-known for its architectural designs built by NawabAsif-ud-daula. Visitors can enter into the palace through a double arched gateway. There is a multi-storeyed structure located in the palace which comprises many arched windows and other things. It even has halls and several resting rooms enabling tourists to relax their mind comfortably. Moreover, both hot and cold water supply is available for tourists allowing them to take a bath accordingly.
3. Lucknow State Museum
Lucknow state museum is one of the must-see places in the city which covers a lot of antiquities and other exhibits. Visitors can access amazing paintings, coins, sculptures, textiles, and other things in the museum enabling tourists to learn more about the history in detail. The museum even houses an Egyptian Mummy and its wooden sarcophagus which dates back to 1000 BC. Apart from that, it lets tourists to view the collection of artefacts and other materials.
ChattarManzil is a historic monument located in Lucknow built by the Nawabs. The manzil has different striking features that attract a lot of tourists every year. There is an umbrella-shaped dome located on the top of the building that has the influence of European architectural styles. The building served as a shelter for revolutionaries in 1857 which houses an office of the Drug Research Institute today.
5. Lucknow zoo
Lucknow zoo is an ideal destination for those who love wildlife because it is home to several animals and birds. Besides that, it enables tourists to view endangered species such as Chinkara, Blackbuck, and so on.
Travel tips to Lucknow
1. Hindi and Urdu are the languages spoken in Lucknow and tourists should learn some basic words before planning a trip. However, tourist guides also speak English for communication purposes.
2. Tourists should always carry a medical kit with themselves to manage emergency situations. It should contain some basic things and other products for overcoming unwanted problems.
3. Travelers shouldn’t drink tap water because it will cause health complications. Instead, it is advisable to take bottled water while visiting important places in the city.
4. It is advisable not to eat foods including fruits or raw fruits in roadside shops that can prevent health complications.
5. Visitors should follow health precautions properly while making a trip to the city which can help to experience peace of mind.
6. There are many restaurants which offer a wide range of delicious foods enabling tourists to ensure fine dining after visiting them.
7. The city experiences summer, winter, and monsoon seasons in a year. Therefore, it is necessary to choose the best time to visit the city for making the trip a memorable one.
8. It is advisable to follow the local customs and tradition while visiting religious places in the city.
9. Those who visit the city can approach a local tourist office for knowing more about the tourist destination in detail.
10. It is a wise one not to travel alone in remote places during the late night for minimizing thefts and other problems.
11. Both domestic and international tourists should carry a copy of important documents while traveling to important destinations to the city.
12. The city is well-connected by road, train, and air enabling tourists to plan their trip accordingly.
13. There are various types of travel packages available for the tourists and they can select the right one which fit their needs and prices.
14. Travellers can select tourist guides when they want to visit important places in the city.
15. Lucknow is well-known for its clubs and pubs enabling tourists to enjoy their night life with more pleasure.
Where to stay in Lucknow?
The hotels in Lucknow offer excellent amenities for travellers allowing them to ensure a better accommodation. Those who want to book them at the best prices can search for the details that can help to make the right decision. There are several hotel websites which allows tourists to compare the prices of hotels with ease.
On the other hand, it is advisable to select the best one among them for meeting essential needs. A leading tourist website will assist customers to find hotels which exactly suit the requirements of travellers. It even makes the booking process a simple one by addressing exact needs of tourists. Besides that, most hotels provide ways to spend a vacation in a sophisticated environment. Tourists should read reviews of hotels before planning a trip to the city. It is necessary to follow the instructions while booking a hotel online that can help to avoid disputes considerably.