The need for web accessibility is growing, and there are many tools to make your website more accessible. These tools can help by pointing out issues and suggesting potential solutions. In many cases, however, these tools are not enough for a website to be fully compliant with the latest web accessibility standards. This is because there are web accessibility guidelines set forth by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C), a leading international community that develops open standards to ensure the long-term growth of the web. In order to be fully compliant with these guidelines, there are a number of complex requirements that need to be addressed by developers and designers. This adds significant time and costs to a project.
This is where an automated tool like accessiBe comes in handy. It offers a unique approach towards web accessibility automation by utilizing two applications that together achieve full compliance. First, the accessibility interface is in charge of all UI and design-related changes. At the same time, the AI-powered background process takes care of more complicated tasks like optimization for screen readers and keyboard navigation.
As a result, accessiBe helps minimize the effort, time, and costs associated with web accessibility compliance. It also ensures a better user experience for all web visitors.
Why It Matters to Your Organization
It’s essential to enable access for all your users, especially since a growing number of Internet users have disabilities. In 2010, the W3C found that about 15% of Internet users had some form of disability. However, it is estimated that only half of these individuals currently use assistive technologies – mainly due to a lack of awareness and education.
accessiBe frees your organization’s resources to focus on other important aspects of achieving maximum customer conversions. Web accessibility is no longer an obstacle in the recruiting, sales, and marketing processes. And your customers – be they website visitors or job candidates – can experience unparalleled convenience that is possible only when you offer online access to everyone.
By automating compliance with the latest web accessibility standards, accessiBe saves your organization time and money while ensuring full compliance with W3C guidelines. There are many reasons this matters to your website, including:
- Legal Compliance – Reducing the risk of legal action due to lack of ADA compliance
- Enhanced Online Marketing – Better SEO through better website user experience leads to more conversions, as well as a larger customer base for targeted campaigns
- Improved User Experience – Driving positive brand perception and customer loyalty by being an inclusive organization that values all users, not just those with disabilities
- Innovation – Demonstrating a commitment to innovation by being an early adopter of new web technologies that help drive the industry forward
- Improved Candidate Experience – Offering better online access to a job seeker’s resume and background
It’s crucial that your website reflects the values you promote. accessiBe helps take care of all these concerns, so you’re operating in a state of inclusivity and creating a better online experience for all users, which will help you attract more customers.